Greetings from Malaysia!

Mathias Sam

Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
Im new in this forum so i would like to introduce myself. My name is Mathias and I'm 19 years old. Just got a sully, the name is Tiddles and it is about 2 months old. With tortoises I am new but quite experienced with sliders (raised 2 red eared sliders from hatchlings and now is 10 months old but one of them has a yellow "ear" instead of red so maybe it's from red eared slider and a yellow bellied slider). Do correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to hear from you guys!Screenshot_2019-01-20-17-57-47.jpegScreenshot_2019-01-20-17-58-00.jpegScreenshot_2019-01-20-17-57-16.jpegScreenshot_2019-01-20-17-22-46-01.jpegScreenshot_2019-01-20-17-20-52-01.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

Be sure to read our info on sulcata babies. You'll find it pinned at the top of our Sulcata section.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to the forum! Any questions please ask the members. The thread Yvonne is talking about is very informative. Also what is the environment like in your home. Is it air conditioning? If so you will need a closed enclosure to keep heat and humidity in.
Also soak Tiddles in warm water for at least 1/2hr daily. This is very important for hydration and smooth shell growth.
Dont know if Tiddles can get outside SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES for some sun but UVB is very important. Not sure if your light supplies UVB or not. Maybe another member with knowledge on lighting can help.
Good luck and ask questions!!
My wife will be in Malaysia on a cruise next month.

Mathias Sam

Malaysia
Welcome to the forum! Any questions please ask the members. The thread Yvonne is talking about is very informative. Also what is the environment like in your home. Is it air conditioning? If so you will need a closed enclosure to keep heat and humidity in.
Also soak Tiddles in warm water for at least 1/2hr daily. This is very important for hydration and smooth shell growth.
Dont know if Tiddles can get outside SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES for some sun but UVB is very important. Not sure if your light supplies UVB or not. Maybe another member with knowledge on lighting can help.
Good luck and ask questions!!
My wife will be in Malaysia on a cruise next month.
Hi there! The ac is occasionally turned on (during the weekends) but most of the days are hot and humid. Yes, the bulb that i used do provide uvb, uva and heat. So do i need to provide a heat bulb for it? He do can get outside supervised at all times because my brother and I always get him outside to get natural sunlight. And I soak him every 2 days for 30 mins. I will bump it up to daily after this. Thank you for the information brother. Looking forward for more responses so that I can learn even more!