Greetings from Maryland!

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I agree with the above advice. The sphagnum moss that i referred to will help a lot as long as you keep it moist. Just make sure the temps are above 80F, too. How's his appetite and energy levels?

Jenna G.

Maryland
Thanks, I picked up the Moss tonight so I'm going to see if that helps. He usually gets a good 30 min soak Dailey and I spray him several times morning and evening. I was initially soaking him ever other day for 30 mins but recently bumped it to every other day.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Also his energy levels and appetite seem to be just fine!

Good to hear! He should be fine then. Just up the humidity, keep him hydrated, and it should help keep him healthy and growing smoothly. Keep updating us and ask questions whenever you have 'em :D

Jenna G.

Maryland
So just a quick update, I have taken your advice and added some sphagnum moss to the bed of the habitat. That seemed to spike the moisture to around 70%. I also got rid of the coiled UVB light so now I need to change my lighting setup. Just wondering what everyone recommends. My previous setup consisted of a CHE and and UVB. I also have a 100 watt UV that came with the tank when I bought it. Should I have a UV light with the CHE or should I invest in a better UVB?! Here is the lighting fixture with the UV that I have. I plan to use the light fixture, I'm just not sure what bulb would be best suitable for the habitat.
image.jpg
image.jpg

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
So just a quick update, I have taken your advice and added some sphagnum moss to the bed of the habitat. That seemed to spike the moisture to around 70%. I also got rid of the coiled UVB light so now I need to change my lighting setup. Just wondering what everyone recommends. My previous setup consisted of a CHE and and UVB. I also have a 100 watt UV that came with the tank when I bought it. Should I have a UV light with the CHE or should I invest in a better UVB?! Here is the lighting fixture with the UV that I have. I plan to use the light fixture, I'm just not sure what bulb would be best suitable for the habitat.
View attachment 94086
View attachment 94088

I don't know how large mercury vapor bulbs are, so I don't know if that dome fixture is wide enough to accommodate the bulb. That might be the safest uvb producing light source that would go with that fixture. I'm more familiar with fluorescent tubes, though. If you decide to go with uvb tubes, you'd have to get a hood. The tubes, unfortunately, add maybe +2 degrees F of heat to room temp so you might have to add an additional regular incandescent along with the tube and your existing CHE to get higher temps. Hopefully someone who has a similar setup to yours knows how well an MVB would work for you.