Greetings from Sunny San Francisco!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladystarlarose

5 Year Member
Hey there,
Name's Starla and I am the proud mama of a 5 year old Hermans named Sam.

Sam lives in a rather large Visioncage enclosure (no substrate, I use large towels that I mist and change regularly) that has hideaway logs and flat rocks aplenty. He gets outside in the backyard for some sun (Yes, sun. SF isn't always as foggy as people think;)) as much as I can (lately it's been every weekend) since I work & go to school full time. Even so, he's always hanging out with me even when Im slaving away on my homework (he loves to think he can play on the laptop too!) or watching the tele (he loves Flight of the Conchords!) He eats a diet of dark leafy greens such as collards, dandelion, some kale, and every now & then wild blueberries. I also add dried timothy hay daily to his food dish since he gobbles up the greens in no time...

Cheers!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hello Starla !!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum ! This is a fantastic way to learn so many new things for Sam :) CUTE! We all love pics on here, so you must post some of Sam :) How long have you had him for?

I have a Greek tort called Tallula, she is just too awesome ! Happy, healthy & adventurous hehe.

Enjoy the forum, and if yo ever have questions, you can ask the Pro's :)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Starla :)

Danny

sendie

10 Year Member!
Lake Jackson, TX
Hi Starla, I have a 2 year old Hermann's we call Shelly and another at the breeder's now just waiting until its a bit older to be shipped to me. Aren't they fun?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I want to know, how does any homework get done with such a cute distraction "helping" you do it? :D I know my guys can get me to forget about reading a book and instead enjoy them.

Chucky

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
S. Oregon
Welcome Starla! Can't wait to see some pics. Not of Sam, some of that Sunny SF weather. I lived in San Jose for 21 years and probably visited SF maybe 25 times or so. Only once was it sunny :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was raised in S.F. and lived there for about 20 years. The good weather depends upon where you are in the city. It really is sunny most of the time, but along about 5p or early evening the fog starts rolling down the mountains and just engulfs the city. My sister lived there even longer than I, but she's a little under the weather right now otherwise I'm sure she'd have some S.F. stories to tell you. And please DON'T CALL IT FRISCO!!!:p

Yvonne

Oh, I forgot the reason I posted in this thread: Welcome to the forum, Starla!!

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Hi Strala!

I envy where you live. San Francisco is such a fun town to visit. Welcome!

ladystarlarose

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Here's a the last holiday card pic of Sammy and I...

PC090099-2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.