Grow lights

J H

5 Year Member
My indoor closed chamber is almost done. Just need to paint the exterior and hang Che and lights. I would like to put live edible plants in it so Bob can wander and munch. It's 6'x30"x30". My question is what to plant. It's in the basement so not much natural light. Will tube type grow lamps from homedepot be ok? They would only be in half the enclosure.

Merrick

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Grow lamps are dine to use. I would suggest a spider plant or bromiliads

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
My RF maynard loves pansies and nastrium. They are very easy to grow. From either seed or small plant

J H

5 Year Member
So tube grow lights are fine? Just want do be sure. Do those lights actually provide enough to make plants grow well?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
My indoor closed chamber is almost done. Just need to paint the exterior and hang Che and lights. I would like to put live edible plants in it so Bob can wander and munch. It's 6'x30"x30". My question is what to plant. It's in the basement so not much natural light. Will tube type grow lamps from homedepot be ok? They would only be in half the enclosure.
Hi there. Have you thought of lighting your entire basement up. Recently I've been looking at LED lights. They don't give off heat which is good for safety reasons. They don't take a Humph of power when switched on like normal bulbs do and also they are very cheep to run. A 120w gives of as much light as a 400w allied light, and good for 50000 hrs minimum. I have a 10w version to try out, its unbelievable how bright it is.
Also they ip66 grade, this means they are OK for outdoor use, waterproof. The one below is a basic design.
download.jpg