grow time finally! any advice? also dandelions??

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
ok so it's finally the start of the brief half decent weather here in bonnie scotland :). we are finally able to grow some food for oor wee fido, hes a hermans. any recomendations on amazon for grow indoor seeds/kits??

have been told we can feed dandelions? we can pick them from outside just now, is the whole plant safe to feed?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
cool thanks! we also have spider plants and a jade plant, i think i've read they are safe to feed, any ideas on them?

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Hostas, strawberry leaves only, violets flower and leaf. Grow hibiscus as a potted plant & feed flowers. Don't feed dandelion root, but do feed leaves & flowers.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Take a look at the pictures on this site:

thetortoisetable.org/uk

They have great pictures of quite a lot of different plants, both good and bad. It will help you I.D. some of the plants and weed growing in your area.

(I tried to get you a good link, but the site is down right now)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
just thought i'd add a wee update.. we bought 2 different types of seed mix, one wildflower mix and one weed mix. 5 grow trays filled with coir and seeds planted... more have been ordered.

we have life now!! way hey!! cuttings of jade and spider plants are also being planted into pots of coir so all safe to eat and able to add into encloser.... spare room in the flat is going to be an indoor greenhouse soon lol.