growing new pads cactus

Status
Not open for further replies.

skuttle

5 Year Member
hi guys! can i ask how can i make my cactus grow new pads? i mean i got to pots of spineless cactus and i want to let them grow new pads fast. they just got one new pad growing each pot. how can i make all of the old pads to grow new pads on them? thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It just takes time and lots of sunshine. I know of no way to make it happen faster.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
You can simulate what happens in the wild by starving them of water through the winter months. They won't die. And when its sunny you can water about 3 times a week which will simulate the desert rainy season. I've done this and mine are growing like crazyyyyy. About 3 new shoots on each one per week.

Doing this makes them really juicy too :p

skuttle

5 Year Member
LeopardTortLover said:
You can simulate what happens in the wild by starving them of water through the winter months. They won't die. And when its sunny you can water about 3 times a week which will simulate the desert rainy season. I've done this and mine are growing like crazyyyyy. About 3 new shoots on each one per week.

Doing this makes them really juicy too :p

Honestly i spray them everyday just a bit. Because notoced when i dont spray them when they are direct sun whole day they bend and wrinckle( looks like diend and dehydrated) but when i checked there soil still wet inside but the surface is dry. Do you think they are dying or they are just dehydrated. Honestly read stuff saying you can put them in direct sun whole day and they lobe it without watering for a week. What seems to be happening with my cactus? Anyone had this experience?

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Cactus are very slow-growing plants, even in the wild under optimum conditions.

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM] & Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] (Darwin & Wallace)
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.