Growth lines??

sunshyne621

5 Year Member
I have a female leopard tortoise that I adopted off of Craigslist. She has a lot of pyramiding. I have had her since November. Her SCL is 6.5". So my question is how often should you see new growth on a leopard of this size. This morning I noticed new growth, which is the second time I have seen them since I've had her. Since she is larger I don't follow the hatchling hot and humid. Temps are 95 basking, 80-82 on cool end and 80 at night ambient. She is on a mix of coconut coir and bark. Has access to hay, which she does eat. A cuttlebone is available at all times and is fed daily a mix of mazuri, zoomed grassland and a few greens(wheatgrass, lawn grass, or what ever weeds I find and cactus).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Seeing they all grow at their own pace, it's hard too say. If she wasn't house properly with the other owner, she may not have grown properly for her age. Most likely she was to cared for properly, as she is pyramided, so we know some place in there she was kept too dry.
At this age/size, she would still benefit with some humidity, at least a humid hide. I would provide this for her for the rest of her life. It will also help the new growth come in smoother too.