Growth of male Sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Hello everyone!
It’s been a year and what a year since we adopted “Tonka” (formerly “Tallulah”) from Texas.
I know when we first brought “him” home we were so grateful for the forum and all the wonderful advice that was given. It is quite an undertaking preparing for a tortoise addition and couldn’t have done any of it right without ya’lls help. So thank you.
I’m posting Tonka’s growth rate in case anyone else is as curious as I was on Sulcata growth. As I’ve learned on this site…. all tortoises grow at different rates and their are many factors to growth rate and final side. But for newbies like me growth or lack of it is something I can actually monitor.
Best wishes for this year to you all and your 4 legged friends.

Attachments

• 25DB47F9-C46F-4D7B-9FA4-4CB4157332A6.png
    25DB47F9-C46F-4D7B-9FA4-4CB4157332A6.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 24
Alabama
Hello everyone!
It’s been a year and what a year since we adopted “Tonka” (formerly “Tallulah”) from Texas.
I know when we first brought “him” home we were so grateful for the forum and all the wonderful advice that was given. It is quite an undertaking preparing for a tortoise addition and couldn’t have done any of it right without ya’lls help. So thank you.
I’m posting Tonka’s growth rate in case anyone else is as curious as I was on Sulcata growth. As I’ve learned on this site…. all tortoises grow at different rates and their are many factors to growth rate and final side. But for newbies like me growth or lack of it is something I can actually monitor.
Best wishes for this year to you all and your 4 legged friends.
Oops. Age. Tonka was 2 when we got him last February. So growth is from age 2 to 3 years old.

Alabama
I hope and pray it’s a good growth rate.
I have spent a lot of time on this forum reading articles listed and listening to experienced tortoise people. There is so much to learn and lots of trial by error.
Basically praying that Tonka will thrive and not just survive under my watch. Sulcatas are remarkable creatures!