Haiku Leopard laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

onarock

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
I have posted pics of one of my females that doesnt have a name so I call her Haiku Leopard. She is laying eggs for the first time in her life. Its hard to tell in the pics but its dark and raining like mad.
Q-ball002.jpg

Q-ball001.jpg

Q-ball003.jpg

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
It must be an amazing thing to witness! Congrats!!!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Nice! My female was laying about 7 average this season, it's her first also.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Az tortoise compound said:
Congratulations Paul! I look forward to pics in 100 days or so.

Thanks Mick, my 9 year old son said the same thing "3 months dad".

spikethebest said:
congrats!!!!!!! is your leopard a Gpp or Gpb?

thanks, she is gpb

Neal Butler said:
Nice! My female was laying about 7 average this season, it's her first also.

Nice!, Neal. How many clutches has she layed so far? One of my other females layes anywhere from 60 -85 eggs a year. Last year she layed 83 and averaged 17 eggs per.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
onarock said:
Nice!, Neal. How many clutches has she layed so far? One of my other females layes anywhere from 60 -85 eggs a year. Last year she layed 83 and averaged 17 eggs per.

She started back at the end of July and is still laying every three weeks, except this last clutch took about 4. So far 6 clutches this year. One was left in the ground. One clutch had 8, the other 4 I dug up had 7.

Do you keep track of the hatch rate from your other female? Most of the eggs I have are fertile, but only 5 are really developing and the one that hatched.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Neal Butler said:
onarock said:

She started back at the end of July and is still laying every three weeks, except this last clutch took about 4. So far 6 clutches this year. One was left in the ground. One clutch had 8, the other 4 I dug up had 7.

Do you keep track of the hatch rate from your other female? Most of the eggs I have are fertile, but only 5 are really developing and the one that hatched.

I dont keep track, but I'm going to this year. I think I had 60 or so. I'm going to ask my wife, she'll know

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Thanks Tortymom. 100 days yup, but I'm going out on a limb and guessing that none of them are fertile. That wont take a 100 days to figure out. Its her first ever clutch and they dont seem to have that fertile egg look.

Status
Not open for further replies.