Happy (STEP) Fathers day!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Right on man! I have one of those and I literally owe him my life. I don't think I would still be here if he hadn't come along, suffered my horrendous abuse, and still stuck around because he loved me and my mom. He treated me as his own and I did NOTHING to deserve his kindness and decency.

Now, as an adult, I thank him regularly for tolerating what I put him through. I refer to him as "my real father" because he is the one that put in the time and was always there for me while the "sperm donor" was nowhere to be found in my life.

We will be having Father's Day dinner with him tonight, and I will thank him again with tears in my eyes. When I was an angry petulant child, his job was thankless. No longer. Now he's treated with the respect, dignity, and love that he earned and deserves. I will be by his side and loyal to him until the day he leaves this earth.

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
my sons 'donor' as we call him left when my son was 3months old. It has just been he and I for 9 years with no help. When I met my now husband, I was obviously nervous. Asking someone else to come in like that is a lot. But he chose to take on the task of a wild boy who hadn't really had a male around before. It makes my heart melt seeing them together now and having my son call him dad. He doesn't think he's earned the title, but i think just him thinking that makes it so. He has taken it on 100% and tells everyone thats HIS son. ? to all the step dads out there, thank you for making our kids feel loved and cherished.