Happy Thanksgiving

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake Ca
Was wondering if this thread would happen... To all a very Happy Thanksgiving
I am fairly new here and am very Thankful to you all for allowing me to be part of this Family.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I jumped the gun with my earlier post, didn’t know if they would cooperate….67343029-0C70-46C4-ACA5-2FFF0511BF02.jpegE0E457E2-79D8-4F4A-8E7D-744841CD7FCC.jpegfor those of you that remember the movie “A Christmas Story” that is a Peking Duck. The male is "Turkey Tom" not Tom not Turkey but "Turkey Tom" The female is "Lola." The chickens are Jersey Giants and the coop is the White House.

Last edited:

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I drove home this morning when I got off work out of state. Got about a 4 hour nap and 2.5 hrs to take care of Mojo and eat early dinner/lunch with my wife then back in the truck to make it on time for work. I'll be sleeping in tomorrow at the hotel for sure.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The same to you. I'm so thankful . I was able to cook a 16lb turkey with the trimmings today and lived through it. Not only that it's all cleaned up and put away. It was touch and go. I didn't think the turkey would turn out because there didn't seem to be any of the usual injections in it and I kept having to put broth over it so it wouldn't dry out. I'm pleasantly surprised 🦃😋

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The same to you. I'm so thankful . I was able to cook a 16lb turkey with the trimmings today and lived through it. Not only that it's all cleaned up and put away. It was touch and go. I didn't think the turkey would turn out because there didn't seem to be any of the usual injections in it and I kept having to put broth over it so it wouldn't dry out. I'm pleasantly surprised 🦃😋
The next turkey you cook try cooking it in a turkey roasting bag. No re-basting necessary.KIMG2737.JPGI love the way the turkey comes out. I haven't cooked one yet. I gave one to a friend and she fixed our dinner today. But I have one thawing that I'm going to cook this weekend for me and my pups.

Attachments

• KIMG2737.JPG
    KIMG2737.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
She's not in great shape. Mentally. I can barely make out most of what she says.
2023 has been rough on her.
You are a true Angel it sounds like....We left our house, moved into a 5th wheel in the in-laws front yard so my wife could take care of her paralyzed mother. It almost destroyed our family, hard really doesn't describe it. I wish the best for you and your mother, to put your life on hold to take care of her is a HONORABLE thing.