Happy Thanksgiving

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
The next turkey you cook try cooking it in a turkey roasting bag. No re-basting necessary.View attachment 363629I love the way the turkey comes out. I haven't cooked one yet. I gave one to a friend and she fixed our dinner today. But I have one thawing that I'm going to cook this weekend for me and my pups.
I like the bags too but I didn't feel like wrestling with this turkey any more than I had too. So I put it in my roasting pan with an aluminum foil tent. I only had to actually lift it two or three times.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm in a motel room, alone.
But I never really did much for Thanksgiving anyway
I hope your mom gets better soon. 🤗🙏 To her and to you. I'm thinking knowing you... you visited her. I'm sure that meant a lot to her even if she couldn't express it.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
She's not in great shape. Mentally. I can barely make out most of what she says.
2023 has been rough on her.
I'm in a motel room, alone.
But I never really did much for Thanksgiving anyway
I'm sorry, Ed. Each of those posts makes the whole situation more painful.

When Pete and I were in our truck, Thanksgiving was a holiday that we usually didn't get home for. We often got stuck with holding the load until Monday morning, even though we had been promised delivery the day before the holiday.

But those holiday weekends are very fond memories for me now, because unusual situations often develop under odd circumstances. We had lots of fun then.

Of course then there's the weekend we went to 4 movies in 3 days...nothing else to do in a sleepy dusty little town in TX from Wed afternoon to Mon morning!