hatchling sulcata not gaining weight

sull

Location (City and/or State)
Montana
hi, I have a hatchling sulcata tortoise who came into my care about 5 months ago, I'm unsure of the conditions he was in before coming into my care but he did test positive for parasites/worms in his initial vet appointment two days after I got him. he went completed a full round of dewormer within two months of testing positive and it was administered according to my vets instructions. he has been having lots of trouble gaining weight, I'm regularly working with his vet to try and remedy it and find the cause but he is eating amazingly, is always active and alert while in and out of his enclosure, he's getting a minimum of 2 hours outside grazing daily more when able, twice daily soaks (was doing one moved up to two at recommendation of my vet), I haven't seen any abnormalities in his bowl movements and many other things I've tried from my own research and recommendations from my vet, I'm looking to see if anybody has had a similar issue and has any suggestions on things to look into or any insight at all, his next appointment is tomorrow but i thought i might see if anybody has anything that could be helpful I'm kind of stumped with it right now and the vet is getting to that point too because of him seemingly being in perfect health except for the lack of weight gane being the only but very worrying issue or problem, i just read through some similar posts to my issue and i can list my daily parameters for heat humidity and uvb tomorrow morning but also wanted to add i got him from a breeder at a local annual reptile expo but have come to discover he is not a reputable breeder which i sadly had to figure out through experience as their is very little reptile community in my local areas, is anybody does respond to this i will add the parameters and what the vet said after the appointment tomorrow

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Hi and welcome! Tom is a greatly experienced and caring long time member here, so please try to answer the questions and follow the advice given to effectively help your tortoise. Thanks! 😊