Hatchling not gaining weight

Jovski

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire, UK
One of hingeback hatchlings just isn't gaining weight and im at a complete loss as to what to do for the best. She is coming up 5 months old and I hatched her myself. She tore her yolk sac at birth and bled out a lot, twice! She is doing better and had turned a corner a few months ago. She is active, eating well and generally in good health otherwise. She is still 18g - most of my other babies hatched at that weight! She hasn't grown or gained any weight beyond a few grams since she hatched.
She is fed a wide variety of safe weeds and flowers, currently supplemented with Pre-alpen because of limited plants available over winter. She gets a small amount of mushroom daily, fruit twice a week and her protein item (usually worms) once or twice a week. She gets a light sprinkling of a limestone flour calcium supplement 4 days a week, nutrobal 2 days a week and 1 day free from any supplements. Her temperatures and humidity is spot on for her species. She eats well, is active and has no other issues that i can see.

tumblr_ngqmyy5fqK1snjg0lo3_400.jpg

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
They all grow at there own pace. Sounds like this one got off to a rough start. Hang in there and continue to provide optimal conditions. Hopefully he will catch up. I only keep Leopards, so have no useful knowledge. Wanted to wish you the best though.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
just sounds stunted like the previous poster advises just try to keep providing optimal conditions