No weight gain?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Is that total soaking time spread over many soaks or is that continually in a row cuz I know she doesn't like to be in there more than 15 minutes or so
It was long continuous soaks... I'd put the soaking container in his enclosure to make sure the water stayed warm enough. he wasn't crazy about them at first, but after a while he'd calm down and settle into the water until just his nose was above the line.

One day, he did 9 hours in the tub.

J

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
You'll drive yourself nuts weighing too often. A good poop right before will make her a weigh a few grams less, or a soak before will add some weight. Try weighing in only once a month. If after a month you see weight loss, then there's something going on.
Check out this video and her other videos, very informative.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
It was long continuous soaks... I'd put the soaking container in his enclosure to make sure the water stayed warm enough. he wasn't crazy about them at first, but after a while he'd calm down and settle into the water until just his nose was above the line.

One day, he did 9 hours in the tub.

J
what type of tort do you have?

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I have five: a Redfoot, 2 Russians, an MEP, and a Homes Hingeback... it was the Homes Hingeback who got the long soaks.

Jamie
Oh okay I found out from this video this lady made how to weigh your leopard hatchling and she showed a monthly chart weighing the tort every week and writing it down and then averaging 4 weeks all added up which comes out to about a little over two grams a week which is considered normal growth sometimes they have growth spurts and can grow 3 to 5 grams a week and other times not change weight at all over a week's time so actually now I feel quite more relieved she still eats and poops daily so yesterday I had her three weeks I weighed her Sunday and she's only grown about eight grams in the last 3 weeks which would keep her covered through the month actually for the two gram a week rule of thumb

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
great news! Rosie gained 12.3 G this week I am not only shocked but pleasantly amazed.. happy tears?❤?
great news! Really he gained 12.3 G this week I am not only shocked but pleasantly amazed.. happy tears?❤?
Rosie GAINED!!! * (not Really he) . how do you edit the scripts I could have swore I seen a edit button one time or is that only on messages?