Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
She is gone.

Her carapace sunk in a bit and her eyes were oozing. I feel so bad for her.

Btw, the link worked for me. You can search for the thread Tom created called Hatchling Failure Syndrome and read more about it.

Sent from my TFOapp

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Aww... I'm sorry for your lost Heather, you did your absolute best of your capabilities. I wish you the best of luck!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
:( I kept up with this thread because I have one that was losing weight as well. S/he went from 32 grams when I got her to 34 grams and then steadily down to 25 grams. I started feeding her/him separately and in 3 days s/he is up to 38 grams. I am new at this and have not lost a Tortoise although I lost two baby box turtles to the heat lamp flip over, and I can tell you, I was immobilized for hours over that. I am so sorry.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
ILoveTortoises2 said:
wellington the link didn't work. I would also like to know more about this too.

I fixed it. More often than not when there's problems with a link, it's because the browser is including the punctuation after the link in the url. In this case there was a period after the url. I deleted the period and it should work for everyone now.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Saleama, glad to know your little one is gaining weight!

I have always fed each leopard separately in the morning to be sure of who eats what and how much. Its a good practice for while they are small. :)
I also soak separately to monitor "what comes out" from who, too ;)

This poor little baby though. I have to try and not think about her...... :/ I get too sad.

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
AWWW.. I'm so sorry hun. I feel so bad.
My Franklin hasn't been acting right at all. Some of the signs you have stated are the same thing as Franklin has been doing :(
I really don't want anything to happen to him. :(

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Thanks guys. I'm totally bummed. :(
I buried her in the backyard planter by a hibiscus bush. My CTTC club president is going to help me preserve her shell.
I couldn't save her life but her legacy can still live on to help educate others.

Sent from my TFOapp

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
I am so sad reading this.

I guess I knew that you knew based on your post but there was always a little hope that it would go away and baby would start eating and pick up the pace and bam, a flush of growth at a later day. This hatchling failure syndrome is really getting on my nerves. I have one that eats like a champ but is a third of the size of its sibling so in the back of my head I wonder if there will come a day when its system shuts down for whatever reason. I suppose these deaths are not in vain because each day that everyone shares these experiences helps more and more for tortoises to thrive and stay alive in the future because the education and the experiences, good or bad, have indeed been shared.

Lighting a candle for your itty bitty. I am so sorry. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.