Having to wake tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

volcom6981

5 Year Member
Hey, so i have had my tortoise now for about 2 weeks, its a Marginated Tortoise, and was shipped to me. She is only a couple months old, and when i recieved her i noticed her one eye took alittle time to open, and found that the stuff they shipped her in there was alittle in her eye. Well i got that under control with soakings and flushing her eye, and now that is all better. However it seems like this week, i have to wake her. She usually got up around 11, but it seems like now if i dont get her up she will just stay sleeping. I go to work and i get home after 3, and she still hasnt gotten up. When i do get her up, she eats, and basks, i give her a soak, she pees and poos. I take her outside alot, and she loves it outside, very active and grazing through the grass eating weeds. So my guess is something is wrong but im not really sure what. She is in a 3'x2' "non glass" enclosure.
Basking=95-108 degrees
Its about 85 off to the side of the basking area.
Cool side is about 75-78, and is heated at night with a CHE on a T-stat.
Humidity=60-80
She eats a varity of foods from Spring Mix, Weeds, Grasses, and lots of Flowers.
She is on all Cypress Mulch, and has to hides one on the cool side and one on the warm side. When she goes in for the night she burrys herself under the mulch on the basking side. She is much more active outside, when i do get her up she will stay up, and eat and walk around, but sleeps alot. She looks very healthy not seeing any signs of something wrong. Like i said seems like something is wrong but not really sure what, so does anyone have any ideas whats going on? Thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.