He love's the Lasagna

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I decided to make Vegas a special tort Lasagna today, normally he only get's Mazuri and Timothy Hay.

This one has a top layer of Mazuri then the next layer is a mixture of Cactus and Bok Choy blended in the food processor, then the next layer is the new red stuff, "Tejas won't eat it unless it's mixed with Mazuri so I am giving it to Vegas" then the last layer is Timothy hay.

Only took him a few minutes to eat it and after he was done he found a shady spot and went to sleep.:D:D

IMG00156-20110624-1436.jpg

IMG00157-20110624-1436.jpg

IMG00158-20110624-1436.jpg

IMG00164-20110624-1437.jpg

IMG00163-20110624-1437.jpg

IMG00165-20110624-1438.jpg

This last picture is a cactus we bought from the grocery store and we laid it flat in the pot and it has started putting out a new cactus pad..

IMG00154-20110624-1052.jpg

Thanks for looking..

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
FernandoM said:
Very cool D'marcus! Vegas looks like he really enjoys his treat! :)

Yes he does and he always finishes it, doesnt leave much for the ant's..

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
that's a lot of food! Mr T won't eat that much mazuri in one sitting at all. that's pretty cool.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Cameron said:
that's a lot of food! Mr T won't eat that much mazuri in one sitting at all. that's pretty cool.

I have made it bigger before minus the new red sticks and he finished it. If it's something he likes he eats it all.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
October said:
Wow! It almost looks human-edible! :D

That cactus and bok choy mixed together didn't smell so great to me, lol..

ascott said:
i love when they are eating and their little tongue is out....so cute:p

It crazy how sticky there tongue's are..

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Its a small change on Dean's Tort Lasagna, but Vegas really get's after it when ever he gets it..

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Yum! I also planted some cactus that I bought.. first few weeks or so nothing was happening. I did put it in pretty soon after I got it in the mail so maybe the root area wasn't ready or whatever the case. Anyhow last week a sprout came out! Its been a few days and that sprout is now the size of a quarter.. growing fast it seems!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Mao Senpai said:
Yum! I also planted some cactus that I bought.. first few weeks or so nothing was happening. I did put it in pretty soon after I got it in the mail so maybe the root area wasn't ready or whatever the case. Anyhow last week a sprout came out! Its been a few days and that sprout is now the size of a quarter.. growing fast it seems!

Yea sometimes it takes some time for roots to get established, but once it starts producing new growth, things are very good. I get excited every time a get a new pad sprouting...:D:D

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I think I want to have some of that lasagna. It looks delicious.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
wrmitchell22 said:
I ave been wanting to make a version of that for Boulder, i think I will right now :)

I use all the stuff he likes to eat and he goes nuts over it..let me know what boulder thinks of the one you make..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.