health issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wijaya

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medan, Indonesia
Hi all,

I am adding another sulcata so my female one got friend, a male with length of 11 cm and weighed 200 grams.

But I suspected that he got some health issue, probably due to wrong diet at pet shop and also negligence. Upon monitoring at home, breathing is heavy and got some funny chick like sounds, the head and both front legs are moving when breathing. Not all the time but got some interval, I try to give more basking and warm water dipping.

Anybody ever encounter this kind of thing before? Please help, any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The movement you describe while breathing is quite normal.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Im not sure about the sound you are talking about, but both my Sulcata's make those types of movement's with there head and legs especialy if they get a little stressed

wijaya

5 Year Member
Medan, Indonesia
Some update: Thank you for the comments, I do kept him separately for closed monitoring, some bubbly nose but not runny eyes (eyes are normal) and I am going to treat him using antibiotic 'terramycin oksitetrasiklin' anyone have used this before? How is the dosed? How many times a day?

Another thing he is still eating, that is what relieved me, probably just stressed out and mild flu, kept the basking light on around the clock.

Any other advises are appreciated.

Ed

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
Its a big tortoise to soak, but if you can do a warm water soak every day that will help. Must be warm water to keep metabolism up, cold water is going to make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.