Healthy thoughts for Moe please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I just dropped Moe off at the reptile store he came from. I did not give him back, but am leaving them in their capable hands this weekend. His shell is a little soft, he has not been eating well, he's more lethargic then before, and there's the eye issue! After losing Munch I'm not messing around here. The owners are experts. She's got a care plan all mapped out. I hope he's not too bad off, please think good things for Moe!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
I'm sorry he's not doing well - I'm praying for both of you!

toribird

5 Year Member
I hope he gets good care over the weekend and can get all better! Please post with an update when he gets back =).

shimmering

5 Year Member
i will say a prayer for moe. my baby, amb is about 9 and has been with us for four years. we've just been through a crisis with him as well. parasites were diagnosed and treated, but he remained really sick. it turned out that the dr. gave to hm a second medication..an antibiotic, and finally my normally active little guy is coming around. i suppose the parasitic infection had weakened him to others, or something else allowed the parasites to have a stronger effect. either way i have learned an important and valuable lesson.. there could be more then one thing going on. now that he is getting better, i hope this information can be useful to someone else. i hope that moe gets all of the treatment he needs and is back in your loving and capable hands soon.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Geez, what is with all these poor sick critturs all of a sudden? First Buddy, then Deasil, now Moe...it's scary to think how many illnesses, diseases and other dangers lurk in the big world of reptiles.

It's hard because even though I know Taco is happiest when she is free to roam her entire kingdom, I worry that she will come across some random spider or wasp, or aggressive bird or squirrel (I am constantly warning them that I have a sharpshooting set of sons to come after them if they dare to threaten her), or a poison or stray wire or sharp piece of edging or accidentally-left-open gate...but what else can I do? Keeping her penned up makes her mad and miserable, so I just watch, and check, and check again, and hope.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Moe did not make it through the weekend. I'm heartbroken, to say the least. I had gone into the reptile store I got him from to ask some questions, knowing he was not doing well, and she offered to take care of him over the weekend. She was very confident that she'd be able to get him perked up and going strong again. I felt he'd be better off with her. She said that she cannot find any flaw with my husbandry, just that he was a weaker hatchling. She feels terrible and has offered to replace him, with any species tort I'd like.

I don't think I can go for a third. However, I cannot bring myself to put away the tort paraphernalia. It sucks.
Thank you all for your kind thoughts, I do appreciate it.

M

Maggie Cummings

I am so sorry. Hatchlings are so hard to keep. They are very fragile...

Status
Not open for further replies.