Heat electrical help needed

sulcata101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sebastopol
So I just finished the outdoor enclosure for my sulcata. I have my Kane heating pad and Reptiles Basics 80 WATT RHP both plugged into my Zilla 1000 Watt Temperature Controller. Does this look correct? I’m not the best with electronics and want to make sure I did everything right. I have the thermostat set to 85 degrees as well as the heating pad controller at 85 that’s plugged into the thermostat. I’m just testing it out right now.
IMG_4228.jpgIMG_4229.jpgIMG_4230.jpg
I’ve also got the probe for my thermostat over in the hottest part of the enclosure. Enclosure
IMG_4231.jpg

The cords look a bit of a mess right now but they’re all off the ground out of his reach and will be better organized later. I’ll share what the entire enclosure looks like plus the details and how it ends up working soon.

sulcata101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sebastopol
I don't have an answer about the electrical setup, But I suggest you protect the heat pad cord, they have a habit of digging into corners and may damage it. I just screw a piece of wood over it high enough to where even if he climbs a little he cant reach it.

Ok good point!