heat question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlotte1508

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex, U.K.
i hope this in the right section...?
our hermanns tortoise is living outside at the moment... he has a large enclosure with a modeified rabbit hutch for sleeping in.
some of you may have seen pictures of our enclosure on the site previously.
anyway, the hutch has a lamp inside it... a red uv heat lamp.
i was told today that i can actually leave this lamp on 24 hours, and it wont interupt sleep paterns? which in turn would mean our little guy can live outside for a lot longer in the year, and jsut come inside when the winter gets... really uncomfortable.

any opinions? hes out there right now... and hes still under it... tho he is sleeping... hes jsut not in his normal spot...

help!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
You may want to make certain that the light is appropriate height so that if your tort is remaining under that light all of the time he does not damage his shell from the constant heat spot in an attempt to not be cold....perhaps you can get one of the heat mats so many use for their sulcata torts that are housed outdoors....this way he can move about and not be forced to stay in that one spot directly under the lamp only.....

Wait around a bit to find out what the others would suggest....my post here will give your thread a bump back to the front....:D

charlotte1508

5 Year Member
Essex, U.K.
ascott said:
You may want to make certain that the light is appropriate height so that if your tort is remaining under that light all of the time he does not damage his shell from the constant heat spot in an attempt to not be cold....perhaps you can get one of the heat mats so many use for their sulcata torts that are housed outdoors....this way he can move about and not be forced to stay in that one spot directly under the lamp only.....

Wait around a bit to find out what the others would suggest....my post here will give your thread a bump back to the front....:D

thats great, thanks... il wait! x

Status
Not open for further replies.