Hello all!

Nathan Coleman

Hey everyone. Brand new to the forum. Just wanted to say thanks for having me! Been following several post. Recently decided to upgrade my tortoise enclosure! I have a cherry head red foot tortoise named Stampy! I have had him for about two years now! I had always wanted a tortoise and my friend that also big into reptiles had to downgrade his snake collection after his marriage. So he said he wanted to trade them in to get me a tortoise/life pet haha! Worked out great for me! Plan on posting a sketch of the enclosure I have came up with. Look forward to input!
Included is a picture of Stampy!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    778.4 KB · Views: 18

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
welcome to the forum:)!!! trust me you will love it here, everyone is so cool here on the tort forums:p!!! your tort seems to have a little bit of pyramiding, are you keeping the humidity high in his enclosure?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome Nathan to the TFO from AZ . Happy Holloween ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413351259.669282.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Nathan, and welcome to the Forum!

A word of advice - if you're using sand as substrate in Stampy's enclosure, please change it out and use something that won't cause impaction if he accidentally eats it. I like orchid bark, but a lot of folks on the Forum use Coco Coir.

Take a look at Tortoise Library It was put together by one of our moderators and contains a lot of good and useful info on keeping RF tortoises.

Nathan Coleman

Hi Nathan, and welcome to the Forum!

A word of advice - if you're using sand as substrate in Stampy's enclosure, please change it out and use something that won't cause impaction if he accidentally eats it. I like orchid bark, but a lot of folks on the Forum use Coco Coir.

Take a look at Tortoise Library It was put together by one of our moderators and contains a lot of good and useful info on keeping RF tortoises.

Thank you! I'm def new to this still in terms! I use a 50/50 coco coir play sand mix. If this is wrong please let me know so I can change it immediately!!

Thanks!

welcome to the forum:)!!! trust me you will love it here, everyone is so cool here on the tort forums:p!!! your tort seems to have a little bit of pyramiding, are you keeping the humidity high in his enclosure?

Nathan Coleman

Good spot. I have been trying to fix this problem! But still trying to get the perfect environment for him, especially since I really need input on where and how to accomplish the right humidity in the new enclosure! My big thing that I have trouble with is what bulbs? What bulbs do you use?

I will be posting a link of the tortoise table I will be building in the upcoming week! If you have any input please let me know!

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hello, Nathan and Stampy! Welcome to the forum. :)

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES