Hello Everyone! New Sulcata Owner (Little Darma)

sullygirl85

Location (City and/or State)
APG, Maryland
Hey everyone!! Excited new sulcata owner, well sorta. I got little Darma here about a week and a half ago and I am still buzzing with questions. Luckily with everyones help, I have been able to get her habitat up and running :). I also own a little baby redfoot, but that is my son's and we work together to keep both our tortoises very happy and in their separate habitats :). Anyhow, I live in Maryland for the time being, we are in the military (don't worry, we take our pets with us where ever we go) and hope to be moving to florida here in the near future, but you know he military. Anyhow, I am excited to get lots of information from this site and I am very happy that there is such a useful resource out there or people like me who really don't know anything :). Thanks so much for all your help already!!

lilT

Hi! I am also a new tortoise owner! I really wanted to get a Sulcata but I know I couldn't handle one. They get so big! They are my absolute favorite for sure. I have a new baby Cherry Head, which is very similar to a Red Foot, sometimes just a little smaller and a little more color.
My aunt and uncle retired from the Army and now travel around the country in an RV, but they have been all over the world. I truly appreciate your service to our country...Thank You!! Well, be seeing you on the boards... :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hey everyone!! Excited new sulcata owner, well sorta. I got little Darma here about a week and a half ago and I am still buzzing with questions. Luckily with everyones help, I have been able to get her habitat up and running :). I also own a little baby redfoot, but that is my son's and we work together to keep both our tortoises very happy and in their separate habitats :). Anyhow, I live in Maryland for the time being, we are in the military (don't worry, we take our pets with us where ever we go) and hope to be moving to florida here in the near future, but you know he military. Anyhow, I am excited to get lots of information from this site and I am very happy that there is such a useful resource out there or people like me who really don't know anything :). Thanks so much for all your help already!!
Congrats!

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your family's service. Sulcatas are great. Moving will be a challenge with a hundred pound tortoise. :eek:

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi and welcome from the Desert !
m0754.gif

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
salutations welcome to the club. what a lucky tortoise in your avatar :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Glad the people here have been so helpful to you already.
Read, learn, contribute, ask questions and have fun.