Hello, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
Wow...it's been a while. Wonder if anyone remembers me?

I just saw Tyler on Twitter, which reminded me to get back here!

Checked my profile, and it turns out I was last here back in April. Emrys and I are both doing great, and I'm ready to get involved in TFO again.

I disappeared pretty quickly - sorry about that! I'd been trying to get my business launched, things were hectic, and suddenly I found I just couldn't get on for even five minutes a day.

Since then, I've been planning my wedding, making the business a big success and working on my children's book.

So...

The Business:

Hugely successful. I was running my business every spare second until just over a month ago, when a fourth round of redundancies were announced at work. This time, I took voluntary. I've been working for myself for just over a week, now, and I've got my evenings and weekends back. It's all going great! Free time!

Emrys:

Emmy's three now! Not much to update on, really. We didn't get much of a summer, so he's been cooped up indoors a lot more than I'd like, but he seems happy and he now has my company every day of the week for at least eight hours.

The Book:

People that remember me might also remember that I'd been working on a children's book for ages. A year and a half later, I'd edited it to within an inch of its life and was no closer to being able to afford some illustrations. Ian decided enough was enough, told everyone what I'd been doing and asked them all to send me money for my birthday.

The book's been launched for a few weeks now, and the details are here: http://merlintortoise.weebly.com

The Wedding:

All organised. I just need to book someone for hair and makeup. My dress is paid for, the venue's almost paid for, a majority of my family now aren't coming (long story), and I managed to 'accidentally' spend £200 on a crystal tiara...

Hope to see some recognisable names here - sorry I disappeared! I notice 'pretend chat' is still going strong!

x

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Wow...Welcome back. Glad I reminded you. Congrats on the wedding and happy to hear emrys is okay and you have plenty of work, WB xx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey, Cheryl...glad to see you back here. Sound like everything is on track for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.