Hello everyone

LeopardAngel

My name is kim I have a female leopard tortoise named Angel. I've only had her a few a few weeks. I am new to adding a tortoise to my family. I had a sulcata that I rescued from a craigslist user and took him to the vet and was told he was very anemic. Since he was not eating I had to tube feed him and medicate him twice a day. Unfortunately he died the day I got Angel . I am a vet tech so I love any ccreatures:)

Attachments

• IMG_67702849701618.jpeg
    IMG_67702849701618.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 55

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kim, and welcome to the Forum!!

I'm afraid your new little leopard tortoise, Angel, is your new little Russian tortoise, Angelika!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I concur with Yvonne. The tortoise in the picture is a Russian. They're great, fun guys as well. I've a few of them. Welcome to the forum.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Russian indeed. Looks to be a pretty big one as well. I have a few too, and they are a wonderful species. I don't have any leopards, but I am aware that their care is very different. I suggest you read the Russian care sheet under "important threads".

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Welcome. Welcome and Welcome.

You can get a Leopard later........I remember a famous Cowboy once said. Having Tortoise are just like having Lay's chips, You never can't just have one..................LOL.

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
At least its a just a tortoise..... it can be hard to tell them apart at first.... Im a vet tech as well in Las Vegas and people come in all the time saying they have a certain dog breed that it is clearly not! It took me a while to learn all the different tortoise species and what they look like etc. Your little Angel is a cutie :) congrats and have fun!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
No worries, there is nothing wrong with having a Russian :) The care is different between the 2, so having a proper ID will now help you know just what to do for her.

Since the species was already guessed incorrectly, the gender may have been, too. If you are interested to know if Angel is a "he" or a "she" you can post some photos of the underside and the tail. :)

Welcome to TFO