Hello from a new RT Mom!

Jess84

Location (City and/or State)
PA
Hi, I'm Jessica. My partner (Nephelle -- she's new here, too) and I just adopted our very first Russian Hatchling from Tyler and Sarah at Tortoise Supply. We were very nervous, as a mechanical error at UPS delayed her delivery by a day, but she arrived in perfect condition this morning.

We soaked her, put her in her brand new home, and now she enjoying a feast of kale and dandelion. We are so excited to be new moms! I never imagined I would have a tortoise, but I am already in love. Meet Millie :D

IMG_0889 (1).jpg IMG_0896 (1).jpg IMG_0888.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Jessica
Please plastic keeps the moisture in and let's light in but stops some of the UV rays that the tort needs .
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1443023109.585887.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Jessica!

Jess84

PA
Hello Jessica
Please plastic keeps the moisture in and let's light in but stops some of the UV rays that the tort needs .
View attachment 149659
Thank you so much for the advice! The plastic is definitely a temporary fix. The lid broke while I was trying to cut it. I have the plastic only on the outside edges to try to hold in some moisture in the meantime, but not blocking any of the lamps :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Jessica, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and lovely Millie.
i've already run into Nephelle, she seems nice.
Read, learn, contribute, ask questions and have fun!!!!!