Hello From Arizona!

Itzmstiffany2u

Hello All,

I am Tiffany and i am new to this so bare with me. I work at a college and was recently given two sulcata tortoises from one of my teachers here. I am freaking out because i have goggled searched all type of questions that i have and since this is the internet i have gotten many different answers so i decided to sign up here with you guys and see what i can learn. I am new to this and i want to make sure that i am taking care of the new members of my family correctly. I went to the reptile store over the weekend and asked the young lady who worked there what i should be feeding them and what i shouldn't she told me to buy the spring salad from the grocery store and feed them each about a handful each day, So i have been doing that. I will post pictures of there home very soon. I have so many questions. Are they pyramiding? How many times a day should i feed them? What about water intake? I was told to place them in really shallow water 2-3 times a day. IMG_1828[1].JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Itzmstiffany2u

Wellington, Thank you so much, I hate that i cant reverse it but hopefully i can prevent it from happening anymore.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Looks like you already talking to the expert here. You are in the good hand. Just fellow the advises fro those thread your tow "little" one will be continue to grow in a better and health way.

Good to have you here.

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
For a humid hide you can use a plastic tub or some sort that has an opening only big enough for your tortoise to go in

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Tiffany welcome to the TFO fromPhx. AZ . And never forget torts are addicting ! Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Teacup

Georgia
Welcome to the forum! :)

There are TONS of sulcata owners here who can offer you lots of sound advice. The only thing I can think of to say is to watch these two carefully if you house them together. I believe sulcatas can become aggressive with one another as they increase in size. For more information, please check out the sulcata section of the forum: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/forums/sulcata-tortoises.88/

I am sure once you get them settled, you will find yourself totally in love with these wonderful creatures. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tiffany, and welcome to the Forum!

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Welcome! We are AZ as well! Glad you found the forum! It's a wealth of information! Read Tom's care sheets and enclosure threads they will help a lot. ;)

Dubiskwii

London, UK
Hi Tiffany! I'm new here too, also I have just become caretaker of two gorgeous Sulcatas! So we already have a lot in common :) I believe that reptile store girl gave you the "one size fits all" answer, I've been feeding mine as many kind of grass as I can - plus flowers and weeds. Also I've learned that one tortoise is always dominant in pairs, so be watchful of bullying!
See you around :)
Peace x