Hello from Jersey!

HuskyDaneMom

I have been lurking for a few weeks while researching tortoises. I had decided on the Testudo but not a specific species.

Well, a coworkers brother wasn't taking care of his Greek tortoise and the parents wanted it rehomed. So he came home with me. They believe he is 3 or 4 years old.

We have renamed him Cruz after one of the New York Giants. We also have an English Bulldog named Eli after Eli Manning.

We are working with his existing equipment for now but have plans to build both an indoor exclosure and an outdoor as well for the warmer months.

I am sure I will have many questions and appreciate the wealth of information on this site.

I will take measurements and pictures once Cruz has had time to settle in.

Thanks from Northern New Jersey, USA.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the forum, and the Wonderful World of Tortoises!

Are you husky? (JK) Or are you a mom of a husky and a dane? I'd love to see pictures!

HuskyDaneMom

Actually I am husky, but that isn't where the moniker comes from, LOL. Hubby and I had a Siberian Husky and a Great Dane for many lovely years and I started using HuskyDaneMom for my email and many logins. Just can't bear to change even though those dogs passed away a few years ago.

BulldogMom just hasn't stuck yet. Maybe now I should think about BulldogTortMom. Will people start thinking there's a new species the Bulldog Tortoise? A tortoise with an underbite that snores...LOL.

Jofie1969

I have been lurking for a few weeks while researching tortoises. I had decided on the Testudo but not a specific species.

Well, a coworkers brother wasn't taking care of his Greek tortoise and the parents wanted it rehomed. So he came home with me. They believe he is 3 or 4 years old.

We have renamed him Cruz after one of the New York Giants. We also have an English Bulldog named Eli after Eli Manning.

We are working with his existing equipment for now but have plans to build both an indoor exclosure and an outdoor as well for the warmer months.

I am sure I will have many questions and appreciate the wealth of information on this site.

Love the name I was born and raised in northern new Jersey my brother still lives there his dogs name is eli! I just got my first tortoise today a Sulcata his name is Stanley I can't wait for himy to grow but he is so adorable he hatched on July 1st well take care...by the way where in jersey are you from

HappyHermanns

Location (City and/or State)
Rochester, Michigan

Hello & Welcome!

You will find all the info you need here for sure!!

Good luck!