Hello from Minnesota!

By-Tort&Snowdog

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Been lurking here the last month or so as I prepared the enclosure and soaked up all the information I can about caring for a russian tortoise. Wanted to have everything dialed in and proper! My 10 year old daughter has been saving for most of the year to pay for everything, but I wanted to be 100% sure we understood how to properly take care of it before we bring one home. Also had many long talks about how long the little bugger can live and make sure it's a commitment she's willing to make. Shes been studying as hard as I have, but now I think I'm actually more excited than she is! haha Read through tons of the care sheets and beginners threads. This forum is a wealth of knowledge. Only problem I'm having is finding one locally. I don't want a wild caught one that's been through hell or one from a big name pet store where they don't care for them well enough.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

Look for turtle/tortoise rescue groups and clubs, and try to adopt one that way. If you're looking to buy a baby we have some very good Russian breeders here and you can find them in the Breeders List subform under out Breeding section.

By-Tort&Snowdog

Minnesota
Hi, and welcome!

Look for turtle/tortoise rescue groups and clubs, and try to adopt one that way. If you're looking to buy a baby we have some very good Russian breeders here and you can find them in the Breeders List subform under out Breeding section.

Thank you!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome sounds like your doing your homework.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome! It's always good to find someone who does the research before they bring a tortoise home. Most of us did it the other way around. :eek: