Hello from montana and tiggy the sulcata

kcarlile08

Location (City and/or State)
Montana
Hello all. I have just gotten a baby sulcata that hatched 8/8/15 so a little over a month old now. I came across the forum while doing research on how to care for the new little guy. I was given some incorrect advice to use sand in my enclosure. Glad now I had not followed that advice. I am currently using an 18 x 36 enclosure with a heat pad underneath one side and a heat lamp and uvb light (which I need to switch out from coil bulb after reading) and CHE at night. The temp goes from 95 on one side to 80 on the other. Is that a good range? I have a hide with damp moss in it. And use eco earth and reptiles bark and substrate. So far I have learned alot from the forum and looking forward to alot more!

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. Do you have a clover on your enclosure? A closed chamber will hold the humidity and help prevent pyramiding in your little guy. You could bump the temps a couple of degrees. Covering it will do that most likely. I am in Spokane Washington. I am keeping a Sulcata and have Leopards and Russians. It is a challenge in the north for sure, but so worth it to me.

kcarlile08

Montana
I have a mesh top so need to work out a better top to keep the humidity in. I am glad to hear there are others with sulcatas up north.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi and
m1277.gif