Montana Newbie

Kaeloni

Location (City and/or State)
Montana
Hi, I’m new to this site. My name is Kaeloni and I’m from Montana. I have 2 Russian tortoises that I’ve adopted from rescues. Vasili (female) and Dimitry (male.) They are housed separately in their own large tortoise tables. I’ve done quite a bit of research but would always like to know more. It’s hard to believe what I read sometimes because one website says one thing and another website says the opposite. For example, whether to feed spinach or not. Anyways, I’m here to learn as much as possible to provide the best life I can for my tortoises. If anyone is from western Montana, please contact me! I have so many questions that pertain to raising tortoises here.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Some spinach is okay but not a lot. This is your best place for info. Just remember some answers will be different depending on species and location.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hello and welcome! It's a great site.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome!

Different info everywhere, darnit! It takes a while to get sorted out but this is one of the best places to learn.

Even we don’t agree on everything, all the time. Especially on food! The Tortoise Table is great but very convservative. Nothing wrong with conversative, especially for new owners; just don’t be surprised if you see some people say spinach is okay when the Tortoise Table says NO SPINACH EVER!, lol For what it’s worth, I’m also okay with a little spinach in the diet. :) But if you want to stay conservative, that’s fine; there are plenty of good foods on the safe list.

I trust you have already read the care sheet for Russians but just in case: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/.