Hello from Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headhunter

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Omaha, Nebraska
Great to find a couple of other Nebraskans here!

Jacqui and Madkins, I'd love to meet up some time and either pick your brain, or just sit and talk! :D

I will make it a point to got to the Breeders expo, so if both ot either of you would like to meet for lunch, we can do it there!

I may be a little abnormal that day.... Snakes are not my favorite animal. :( :rolleyes:

and yvonne, I have a Suzuki Volusia. Had it for 5 years now and have about 34,000 miles on it. ( I like to ride) [video=youtube]http://youtu.be/xQbaVPCqI7c[/video]

I ride all over the country, I think I am 32 out of 50 states. That darn west coast keeps eluding me!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Welcome. I think Jayce is a really cool name. I do not have a Salcata, but I would take Tom and Mankins advice they are both very knowledgable as is Jaqui, so maybe it is doable, but I wouldn't too difficult. Maybe you should add redfoot to your list, but I have heard Russians are great. I have two CDTs and a boxie. CDTs a amazing, but I don't think you can get then where you live.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jayce:

I didn't say anything right off the bat because I wanted you to get to know us a little better before I offered negative input. Please don't be upset, because this is, afterall, MY opinion and your turtle is YOUR animal, and not mine. And I say this with only your turtle's well being in mind.

For some reason, hamsters seem to really enjoy getting on a wheel or in a ball and just running around and around, mindlessly. Turtles are not like that. You could see in your video that all the turtle wanted to do was get under something and hide. I'm sure it must be pretty stressful for him to not be able to get out of the ball. I know you want to give your turtle exercise, but I'm sure he gets plenty of that in his water. Please re-think what you are doing to him. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.