Hello from Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickie

5 Year Member
I found this site while online looking for more information and to purchase a cb tortoise for my 2 boys (and myself ;) lol) I home school them with the help of k12 online schools and have been doing a summer project with them for the last 2 summers on ecosystems involving a yellow bellied slider with a full outdoor ecosystem for him. Now due to unexpected issues (a group of kids stealing their turtle) I have decided to go another direction and now progress to a tortoise ecosystem for indoors/outdoors. Anyway, looking for an adoptable cb hatchling (needs to be one that stays small such as an Egyptian, Greek etc) as well as I am looking for all info I can find on them to make sure it gets the most perfect home possible. :tort:

Looking forward to getting to know you all and to learn all I can. [/font]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Sorry about your turtle being stolen, that terrible. There is all kinds of info here to do your research to prepare for your new shelled friend, which ever species you decide.

Vickie

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:) Sorry about your turtle being stolen, that terrible. There is all kinds of info here to do your research to prepare for your new shelled friend, which ever species you decide.

TYSM! Yes, already learning tons just by going through posts and reading all I can. As far as the turtle goes yes we were all heart broken. He was such a good little turtle and so darn friendly....though I guess having him since he was a hatchling and holding several times a day would do it. For a slider though I heard it was really rare how he would just sit there and let the kids take measurements etc without trying to hop into the water to get away. Anyway, thus the other reason to change ecosystems and get something even more known to be friendly. ;)

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Hello and welcome. :) What part of Ohio are you in?

Vickie

5 Year Member
lisa127 said:

I Lisa, I right most likely straight across from you on the NW side. ;) I live in the small town of Pemberville which closest larger towns are Bowling Green, Perrysburg, and Toledo.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Vickie said:
lisa127 said:

I Lisa, I right most likely straight across from you on the NW side. ;) I live in the small town of Pemberville which closest larger towns are Bowling Green, Perrysburg, and Toledo.

Oh, ok. That's not really close to me. I'm about 15 minutes east of downtown Cleveland.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Vickie, and welcome to the Forum!

Vickie

5 Year Member
lisa127 said:
Vickie said:
lisa127 said:

Oh, ok. That's not really close to me. I'm about 15 minutes east of downtown Cleveland.

No I didn't mean close I meant straight across from you on opposite side of state. ;)

Vickie

5 Year Member
Just wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome. :) This looks like such a great friendly site.....I LOVE IT! Sadly, it seems not many out there that is these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.