Hello from Waffle's mom

leash_wish

5 Year Member
Hello everyone. I joined tortoise forum when I first adopted Waffles in March. I learned a lot from reading the stories of other tort parents but being a new owner I was also very intimidated. I received a lot of criticism on his tort table, my relationship with him and was even told his name Waffles was appropriate because he was going to "waffle and die". After that I left tort forum after much tears and frustration.
Now that Waffles is 10 months old, in tremendous health, and has over 1000 internet fans, I have decided to return to the forum by request and because I am a much more confident mom. Every day I get questions for me and Waffles on how to care for other torts and I love helping in a positive way without judgement.
I have also recently taken in a two year old rescue leopard tort with pyramiding. I look forward to learning all about Mango and bringing her up to optimum health. Anyways, I look forward to meeting more tort parents!
Alicia, Waffles & Mango

Attachments

• 1384313461285.jpg
    1384313461285.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 66

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Hi and welcome! Waffle looks a lot like my Shelly[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] ImageUploadedByTortForum1384319965.433859.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
And I learned how to bake a cake!
You will probably get some grief here, I posted a humorous event in my house and got lam-blasted over it, so I has the thread closed.

Anymore cooking instructional documentaries? How about Coc au Vine? [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I am a huge waffles fan. I reported your thingy all over. I FB friended yah, too!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Love waffle!!! He's really great looking, and that's a reflection of the hard work of his mom:) Welcome back!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Alicia: Glad to see you back posting here. I'm sorry your first experience on the Forum wasn't helpful or pleasant. It's not usually like that. And I can't imagine anyone telling you that Waffles was going to die.

It's good to see your picture of him. I love the way his front legs look. I have a bumpy leopard tortoise too. Can we see pictures of yours?

birdandtortoiselover

5 Year Member
South Florida
Hi Waffles and Mango!!! I follow your blog and it's the best, it never fails to brighten up my day :) I got so excited seeing your name pop up on the forum and thought "could it be the same Waffle I follow??" It's great to have you here!

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Celebrity tortoise sighting! Alert the paparazzi! Waffles has many fans on here. My DTs are not gonna believe they brumated through this excitement.

Welcome back Alicia and and Waffles and hello to darling Mango.

leash_wish

5 Year Member
Shelley does look a lot like Waffles!

Hi Sandy! I am going to keep some of Waffles antics to his personal blog. I know folks will go mental here even though he doesn't get to indulge in his favourite things. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Hi Yvonne. This is my bumpy little girl Mango.

Hi bird & tort lover! I'm so happy that our little blog brightens your day. It's kind of nice to be on here and talking as myself. Waffles is such an attention hog!

Lol Becca! Could you imagine if the was a tort paparazzi? Likely wouldn't have too many high speed chases!

Attachments

• 1384359153755.jpg
    1384359153755.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 29