Hello Guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
hello guys/gals,

i finally registered hehe, ive been reading the posts on these forums for arround a month or so and hadnt registered.

as for why? well i want to ask a couple of questions... im a new owner of a redfoot tortoise ( he doesnt have any red though... ) and i was a bit worried about my tort cause ive read in the forums that they should have some protein in their diet but mine refuses to eat anything but fruits... not even vegetables, i tried giving him mealworms and he compleatly ignores them, tried Can o' worms and same story, he wouldnt even go near it, he also doesnt like zoomeds forest tortoise diet i was a bit stressed but I read somewhere, dont rememeber where, that i could give him boiled egg.. and that he liked, but is there anything else i can try?? ive heard low fat dried cat food but... im not sure.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
hi,
Welcome. You should be feeding greens as well. As long as your tort is healthy and comfortable with temps and lighting, he/she won't starve to death and will eat what's there when he realizes that's all he's getting, which can take a few days. You could try some plain cooked chicken. Have you checked out sites like tortoiselibrary or turtletary?

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
pdrobber said:
hi,
Welcome. You should be feeding greens as well. As long as your tort is healthy and comfortable with temps and lighting, he/she won't starve to death and will eat what's there when he realizes that's all he's getting, which can take a few days. You could try some plain cooked chicken. Have you checked out sites like tortoiselibrary or turtletary?

thx for the fast reply and welcome! :p

as for those sites well i had'nt been there but i just went and read the diet section, now i know what to buy when i go to the grocery store as for the proteins... ill try a pinky since i breed mice for my ball python... but i really want it to eat it.. i dont like to kill any animal unless its going to be eaten.

but i still wonder why wont he eat proteins besides boiled egg.. maybe hes spoiled? hehe hes not a baby either he has a 6inch long shell ( petsmart only sells them in that size here in puerto rico, and getting a baby one its just not afordable specially cherry heads)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi viperdrake:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. The two sites that Peter listed are the best that I know of for redfoot tortoises.

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
thank you all for the warm welcome!!

as requested here is a pic of Cobol, took it with my phone so its not as sharp, ill see if i can get a hold of a camera and take some decent pics.
UlGxQl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.