Hello!! (Looking for sulcata tips)

MEGAN LOEGER

I am a new member to this site. I am planning on getting one or two sulcata tortoises:p I am super excited and have done A LOT of research! Does anyone have any tips?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. If you went through most of the thread in the Sulcata section of the forum and than I think you are ready.
Maybe you can also share some photo of the indoor and out door enclosure you prepared for the new Sulcata you are going to get. Some of the staff members will gave some suggestion for you.

Welcome.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I would not suggest getting two if you plan on keeping them together. Torts are solitary and do not like company. They will fight, one will become dominate & the other will stay smaller and waste away worse case. Best case they will act out against each other & one will get hurt :( If you have room to house two (and Sully's need a lot of room) go for it :0

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I totally second lismar79 post. I suggest if you research has been outside this forum. You need to do a lot more research on this forum. Most information out there is old and outdated. You can start with Toms threads below in my post for raising smooth and healthy sulcatas.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Welcome to the forum!

I'll second, third and confirm the above. Unless you have acreage where you can keep them separate, get only one. Not only are they solitary critters, they require a LOT of room for grazing and stomping around.

Oh, and we LOVE PICTURES!

teri

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
Welcome! You've come to a great place! And kudos on your research prior to actually obtaining your tort!
I also agree with the comments above. Toms threads and care sheets have great info!
Especially the part about posting pics of your intended enclosure! You'll get lots of tips!
Are you planning on getting a baby or an older Tort?

MEGAN LOEGER

Welcome! You've come to a great place! And kudos on your research prior to actually obtaining your tort!
I also agree with the comments above. Toms threads and care sheets have great info!
Especially the part about posting pics of your intended enclosure! You'll get lots of tips!
Are you planning on getting a baby or an older Tort?
I am planning on getting a baby right now. I will post a picture of the enclosure when it is all set up:) it will be small but IT IS TEMPORARY!! I just want to get that out there because if i didn't I know many people would point that out:p I will be getting a MUCH bigger one in the near future from when I get my tort:tort::tort: