Hello, new African Spurred owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baltimore, Md
Hi, my name is Tara and I have very recently become the proud new mommy of an African spurred hatchling, named Master Oogway. He/she is about 3 inches and very personable =) I joined the forum to learn the best way to care for my new baby. All I know about his history, so far, is that someone found him in their backyard and brought him into Petco while I was buying crickets for my tree frog. I've always wanted one, and have been researching them for years, but haven't had the opportunity to own one until now. I welcome any advice and will be reading this forum daily. Nice to meet everyone =)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Lots of sulcata info in my signature.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Welcome to the forum, I encourage you to ask lots and lots of questions, I don't personally own any sulcata tortoises but there are plenty of members on here that would be more than happy to help you. Congrats on your new baby!! :D

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Welcome Atra!!! I bet that was a big surprise ....dont find those in a backyard everyday:) Thats like winning the lotto

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum:) Can you post a pic of Master Oogway to make sure he is a sulcata

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tara:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What a stroke of luck you happened to be in the pet store at the same time as the little sulcata. I'm interested in pictures too.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Yes, it was a huge surprise! But I'm so happy that I've lucked out and was able to take him home =) I've read ur links already Tom, but I've been re-reading in case I've missed something, I'm very thankful that u wrote those! They are so easy to follow, kinda like a care sheet for dummies =) I will b asking LOTS of questions guys, so please bear w/me. Even though I've been researching them for years, I still want to make sure I'm taking the best care of him that I can. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life w/this little guy, cuz I love him already! I wanted to post pics, but I can't figure out how... Can anyone help?

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Vishnu2 said:
Welcome to the forum, I encourage you to ask lots and lots of questions, I don't personally own any sulcata tortoises but there are plenty of members on here that would be more than happy to help you. Congrats on your new baby!! :D

Thanks =) nice to meet u!

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Tom said:
Hello and welcome.

Lots of sulcata info in my signature.

Hello! I've read so much of ur advice already! I'm excited to learn as much as I can about my baby from u and other members =) I'm really thankful that this forum exists because there is so much conflicting info out there. This is a one stop shop!

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
AustinASU said:
Welcome Atra!!! I bet that was a big surprise ....dont find those in a backyard everyday:) Thats like winning the lotto

I think I would have a better chance winning the lotto lol. I live in Baltimore, Md, so I don't know how long he would have survived out here. I'm so grateful that man found him and brought him into the store. Talk about being in the right place at the right time lol. Oh and I didn't mention this before, but he was too small to legally sell, so I made a donation in his name to a tortoise rescue =)

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
coreyc said:
Welcome to the forum:) Can you post a pic of Master Oogway to make sure he is a sulcata

I wanted to, but I'm not sure how. Not only to confirm, but to brag a little too lol ; )

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
emysemys said:
Hi Tara:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What a stroke of luck you happened to be in the pet store at the same time as the little sulcata. I'm interested in pictures too.

I know!! Maybe I should play the lotto lol ; )

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
To post pics go to tinypic.com

Upload any size photo, and then copy paste the IMG code into your forum post.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Tom said:
To post pics go to tinypic.com

Upload any size photo, and then copy paste the IMG code into your forum post.

Thank u! So far, I've been using my phone, but I will get on my laptop to upload the pics =)

I just found the iPhone app... My new avatar is now Master Oogway... Haven't figured out how to post any more yet, is thus one ok, or do u need another?

Status
Not open for further replies.