Hello, new member with a baby sulcata, looking for critiques or recommendations for its current enclosure

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I've got some stuff coming, 12"x16" cork bark panels and fake foliage and I will be checking out the nearby nursery for some foliage plants and picking up some terracotta pots. Is Pothos an option because I have a lot of it.

It was more of a question on whether the enclosure would be enough to last between 1-2yrs old and then also be able house an adult tortoise of a smaller breed when I move the Sulcata to an outdoor pen, I would hate to build something and then have it go to waste. In the fall I will start working on a 10' x 15' foot outdoor enclosure.
turtles and tortoises come in species, not breeds.
If your baby is healthy and growing good at 2 years in my house they would graduate from a 6'x2' tort table to the tort shed and it's several outside enclosures. I have operated a small special needs turtle and tortoise rescue for a buncha years, so my tortoise keeping is somewhat different as I rehab sick or injured chelonia then find homes for them...for the last few years a number of Sulcata have been dumped on me but they don't stay...this is Mary Knobbins, she was rescued from antifa in Portland Oregon. She just had to knock over this birdbath regularly100_3792.JPG

Sulcata_AZ

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
I also use pothos in the enclosures; they are so easy to grow after some Sulcata has destroyed it...
Thanks for the information that’s good to know.
turtles and tortoises come in species, not breeds.
If your baby is healthy and growing good at 2 years in my house they would graduate from a 6'x2' tort table to the tort shed and it's several outside enclosures. I have operated a small special needs turtle and tortoise rescue for a buncha years, so my tortoise keeping is somewhat different as I rehab sick or injured chelonia then find homes for them...for the last few years a number of Sulcata have been dumped on me but they don't stay...this is Mary Knobbins, she was rescued from antifa in Portland Oregon. She just had to knock over this birdbath regularlyView attachment 377250
And thank you for the correction on species & breeds.
Mary knobbins is a great name. That is a very kind and wonderful thing that you do for those tortoises.