hello:)) new tortoise caretaker here

Status
Not open for further replies.

me and dino

5 Year Member
hello:) my name is page. im 14 from wheeling wv. I just bought my very first tortoise who's name is Dino. im sooo happy I got her ive been babysitting all summer to get Dino. I need some help tho ive had lots of turtle but they were a lot older and I need help determining Dino sex,age,fav foods and any other info that I could use. :D
thank you for all the help!!!:))
dino and I much need It:))

ps.the pic are on the way home shes in a much much binger home now than that little container:)

Attachments

• dino 1.jpg
    dino 1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 54
  • dino2.jpg
    dino2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 50
  • dino3.jpg
    dino3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 44

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Won't be able to tell sex until much older and larger. In the mean time, enjoy. Also, read Toms threads below in my post for the proper way to house this little one. Also, feed as wide a variety of foods possible. Check out the tortoisetable.org for edible plant ideas.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Page, and welcome to the Forum!

There are also some good threads at the top of the sulcata section under the "Important threads" heading.

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Welcome Page!!! I want to find out the sex of mine too but I have to wait as well. How big is yours? Just the shell.

My loves:
Husband
2 dogs Blue and Baxter
3 sulcatas Donatello, Penny, and Charlie.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. If you knew the incubation temperature we could give you a guess on the sex, but outside of that, you'll have to wait until he/she gets bigger.

Click the links in my signature for lots of sulcata info.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...you know your little sulcata gets really big, right? Are your parents willing to make an outdoor shed when he/she gets to be 50lbs? Keep that in mind. You have some time to think about it . Just wanted to give you that info,. WV. also has some pretty cool winters. Just do lots of research. For now, enjoy your new friend and read, read as much as you can.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Welcome to the forum Page. Prepare to learn , learn and learn some more. Lol I know I did. Cute little tort you have there. :)

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using TortForum mobile app

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome! Tell us exactly how much you know about sulcatas? It would be fun to compare what you've learned six months from now. The biggest advice I can give you is to read all of Tom's threads because he's the most knowledgeable member on your type of tortoise. It is critical that your baby have the right enclosure that can hold heat and humidity. If you want to raise a healthy baby with a beautiful shell, Tom's advice should be followed. Also, it is vital that you watch out for dogs. If you have one, plan to get one, or have people bring dogs to your house, then you need to read the thread below my name now!

Status
Not open for further replies.