Hello Noob here

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachley

5 Year Member
vOAGbHX.png

I thought I'd post a photo of my Greek Tortoise, Pericles. I'm currently working hard to build an enclosure. He was a birthday present and came with a 10 gallon glass terrarium, cheap lights, cheap temperature/humidity gauge. Of course this won't do so I've been frantically researching how to build an acceptable enclosure for him. I'm building a 3' x 6' wooden enclosure with a hinged screen roof so my cats don't think it's a litter box. I'm using a sand and coconut fiber substrate and all the recommended lighting and heating. I have a UVb light and a heat lamp and a dark heat lamp for night set on timers. I've mostly been feeding him spring mix greens. I've tried to feed him some strawberries, but he doesn't seem to like them.

Anyway, I'm Bill and I'm new here. I'm sure I'll have questions so thanks for being here.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi Bill and welcome! I love the cat. :D Glad to hear the 10 gal is already history.

beachley

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi Bill and welcome! I love the cat. :D Glad to hear the 10 gal is already history.

Thanks! I'm learning more everyday, like the fact that I shouldn't be feeding strawberries to Pericles since he can't process sugars. He ignored them anyway so at least he knows what he should be eating. I'll stick to leafy greens and possibly read the Edible Plan Collection and try and grow some food as well.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi and welcome :) glad you are here!

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Florida
Evening and welcome to the forums, Bill. Your cat does not seem amused that your tort has invaded their favorite sit and stare spot at the window lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Bill!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome ...also, happy belated birthday..love your birthday present...

Status
Not open for further replies.