Hello:)

A Carson

Greetings:) I'm new here, my name is Alicia and i have a captive bred baby named Leo. He is 9 months old and he's been very sick with a respiratory infection. I've had him for almost three months and he's been sick this whole time:( i will be posting later tonight but wanted to introduce myself and thank you all ahead of time for any help,advice as i am new to this! Thanks again

MyCollage_8.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) if you can give us a run down of everything you can think of as far as his care, such as temps, diet, etc, etc, we may be able to help.
Sorry you've had to deal,with this since you've had him. They are worth the trouble though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Alicia, and welcome to the Forum!!

I see something wrong in your pictures, and it just may help your baby if you fix it.

It looks like you're using dusty old hay as substrate. Baby tortoises live most of their early lives dug down into the earth, where it's a bit more moist than above ground. So if you get rid of that dusty hay and use a substrate you can moisten, you may see his symptoms clear up. I doubt it's a R.I., but more likely the result of dusty, dry conditions.

We have a very good care sheet on keeping baby Russian tortoises, pinned at the top of our Russian section here on the forum.

Last edited:

A Carson

Thanks everyone:) i don't use Timothy hay anymore. I will explain all that in my thread:) its a loooong story lol three months long! Do i post here or in a different section? I'm desperate for help and very lost and you will see why. I need to let my phone charge as that's what I'm using since my laptop broke:( but wow thank you for the welcome already!!

A Carson

Hey TortsNTurtles are you on another forum as well? I recognize the name:)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome!! He is adorable! So sorry he hasn't been well!
You can start a new thread in the health section and I'm sure you will get lots of support!

A Carson

Here's a better picture of my cutie pie:) he's not feeling well in the picture:(

Attachments

• 20150207_202312-1-1.jpg
    20150207_202312-1-1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 9

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Alicia welcome to the TFO from AZ . Russians Rule ! Sorry to hear about your baby , hope he gets better soon .