Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

godofthelazy

5 Year Member
Hello, my name is Joe and I am new to this forum. Right now i have 2 Russian torts named Tamachan and Master Roshi. I have had them for around 8 years and I assume they were somewhere between 6 months and a year when I got them at the pet store.

I don't have any pictures to show you guys and won't for a while as I am moving to CO at the end of this month so I am pretty busy. Once I get set up with their new table at the new house I'll take some pictures and put them up. But for now I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for the advice and pictures they make the day at work go by so much faster lol.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Welcome to the forum!!!

If you have had your Russians for 8 years, and got them from a pet store, it is more than likely that they were wild caught subadults when you got them, and probably already between 6 and 10 years old. How big were they?

godofthelazy

5 Year Member
hmmm hard to say it was so long ago, I think they were about 3-4 inches each. Now Master Roshi is about 5-6 inches and Tamachan is about 2 inches bigger than him.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
sounds like roshiu is male and tamachan is female and if bought from a pet store more than likely they were adults when you bought them especially 8 years ago, there were not many captive born ones out there that long ago. Welcome I myself have 3 russians great little torts

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Yup, at 3-4 inches each they would have already been several years old ;) I have 4 Russians, I agree they are great little tortoises. Can't wait to see pictures of their new home!

godofthelazy

5 Year Member
I do have a quick question for you guys, how do I get them to eat their cuttlefish bone? both of them have rather large beaks but only in the front, it doesn't stop them from eating or get in the way so I am not too worried but they don't seem to like the bone nor does the rock I feed them on do much.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Joe:

Welcome to the forum!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
they will eat it when they need it.. its for calcium.
try feeding them on a slate( rock) and see if that helps thebeak.

Status
Not open for further replies.