Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mareg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corona, CA
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I'm not new to mr 40+ year old DT "Mr.T" Not even sure what kind of DT he is but we love him.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Welcome to TFO, I would love to see a pic of Mr.T :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome!...I too love the Desert Tortoise :) Have you owned Mr. T for a long time? May we see pictures? WE LOVE PICTURES!!!!! :p

Mareg

5 Year Member
Corona, CA
Thanks for the welcome! I have had Mr. T for about 42 years. I was a young kid when he wandered on our lawn. We tried to find his family but no one claimed him. He is part of the family for sure. 2 generations and counting! The reason I joined the forum was to get help with him. He is acting very lethargic. I gave him lots of lettuce and watermelon and roses. That seemed to perk him up a bit, but I'm a bit concerned. I will post a pic. When I get to my pc.
Thanks again!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
welcome to the forum. pics not a "must" but we sure do like them...... lots!

teri

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I love hearing when someone has been the owner for so many years!!!! They sure to love watermelon and roses that is for sure :p What else does he eat on a regular basis? Lethargic, huh? Has anything maybe changed in his life recently?? They are such creatures of habit, they love a routine :D

As Teri said, pics are not a "must"...but we LOVE to see newbies, (tortoises and turtle newbies)...LOL :rolleyes:

Mareg

5 Year Member
Corona, CA
Thanks again. Ascott, no nothing has changed really only the weather really. I'm really wondering if he didn't get enough food and water. The 100+ degree weather came on fast thus year. He has been more fragile since he had a major accident two years ago. He fell off of a 5 foot block wall!!!! I was so scared for him nut the great vet knew what she was doing! He is patched up but very well. He has used up his 9 lives and then some. Tomorrow am I'll be making sure he has plenty of food and water. He pooped out his white stuff so I think the pipes are working. :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Wow...a five foot wall fall....now you know that I have to ask (simply because there has to be a story that goes with that..) what was he thinking/doing on a 5 foot high wall...crazy daredevil :p...I am glad he survived...whooo. I agree, with the weather coming on suddenly, I have hardly seen my guys the last few days...too darn hot.

And sounds like the goods are working if you got a flush of pee/white stuff... :tort: .....

pics? please, if you would not mind... i love to see these guys, especially ones that have been around awhile :p

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
mine are hiding in the heat too... or i see them out late.
Watermelon, although they love, really isnt that good for them. try to stick with green grasses
dark lettuce, cactus etc.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mareg:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name?

When he fell off the wall, did he endure a cracked shell? Was he given antibiotics? Did you continue the full dose until the medicine was gone?

Sometimes a tortoise suffering a break in the shell will get an infection that doesn't become known for quite a while after the incident. A test of some sort (blood test?) may be in order.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Its definitely HOT out there.

Mareg

5 Year Member
Corona, CA
Hello again!

Was on here last March and list the site. Now that there is an app I'm really excited to chat with other tortoise parents! Lol.
Maybe this time I'll get pictures up if my Mr. T. 50 + desert tortoise. I've had him for 40 years and don't know exactly how old he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.