Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumBrave13

5 Year Member
Hi everyone! My name is Halley. My boyfriend, Jesus, and I just got a Russian Tortoise last weekend. His (her?) name is Dimitri, and he's about 4.5 inches long. We live in the Los Angeles, CA area, and we're trying to learn all we can in order to provide the best possible care. We've been reading a lot of forum threads! It's great to meet you all, and we're thankful a community like this exists!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Hallley and Jesus along with Dimitri! I always wonder why folks decide on a tortoise or on a certain species like the Russian. Care to share your thoughts on why you did? Nice having you here and I hope we get to see more of you and Dimitri (including pictures of him). If you take some good pictures we might be able to help you out with gender (we mainly need to see the tail from behind is usually the best, but sometimes seeing the tail when he is on his back is also helpful).:tort:

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
welcome! this is a great place to learn a lot about taking proper care of your tortoise and asking questions as well as talking about how much you love having yours!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Halley:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

B

byerssusan

Hello and welcome...I just know you will find all the info you need here. I am still pretty new here, but have learned so much. Have fun with your new one.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hi and welcome. Like the name Dimitri. Let's see some pics, okay?

reneereichert

5 Year Member
Sacramento Area
Welcome to all 3 of you! This is the best place for info, I read on here for hours..congrats on your new little guy!!

RumBrave13

5 Year Member
Thank you all for your kind words :) we will be sure to ask alot of questions and put up a lot of pictures of the little guy! As for how we got a RT, he was a gift from a friend. We fell in love with him immediately and will make sure that he is cared for properly. We already have an appointment with a vet to make sure that he is healthy. We think that he is still adjusting to his new place so we have been seeing alot of (we assume) normal behavior. (digging in the corners, not eating as much). So far it looks like he is enjoying his soaks (soaking every other day, we dont want to over soak) and he likes exploring! (We always keep an eye on him to make sure he doesnt get into anything hes not supposed to). We want to make sure that he is ok so we may be over-worring about him, but we know that with time he will be a happy little thing :)

RumBrave13

5 Year Member
Hello again, we got some pictures of the little guy! We also added a pic of his tail, hopefully we can find out if he is a he, or a her lol.

Thanks again every one!

Attachments

• IMG_9053.JPG
    IMG_9053.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9055.JPG
    IMG_9055.JPG
    628.2 KB · Views: 9

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!