hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

banshee4711

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Anaheim, CA
My name is Scott, I'm currently NOT a tortoise owner, but am looking towards getting one in the near future. I'd really like to find a juvenile male western Hermann's if possible, but may have to take the gamble on a hatchling and see what he/she turns out to be :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Do your research on here so you can get your enclosure all ready and temps and humidity worked out so when you find you new friend, you will be all ready for him/her. Really good that your preparing ahead of time.

banshee4711

5 Year Member
Anaheim, CA
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:) Do your research on here so you can get your enclosure all ready and temps and humidity worked out so when you find you new friend, you will be all ready for him/her. Really good that your preparing ahead of time.

already getting the habitat ready, so when I finally find my little friend, I can simply put him in and start taking care of him/her. I used to have a female slider, but had to rehome her a couple of years ago. Always thought tortoises would be better for me, so here I am to read and learn

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Scott, and welcome to the Forum!!

The caption under your avatar should read:

So called tortoise expert, "You know, of course, that sulcatas should not be given fruit."

New tortoise keeper, "But I only gave him ONE strawberry!"

banshee4711

5 Year Member
Anaheim, CA
Yvonne G said:
Hi Scott, and welcome to the Forum!!

The caption under your avatar should read:

So called tortoise expert, "You know, of course, that sulcatas should not be given fruit."

New tortoise keeper, "But I only gave him ONE strawberry!"

I know, I just love the picture actually :)

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Hello Scott and welcome to this amazing forum :)

banshee4711

5 Year Member
Anaheim, CA
Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on getting my tort, once I call around on Tuesday, after the holiday weekend.

Going for a male eastern Hermann's. Hopefully one of the places on my list has a young, sexed specimen ready for me :)

looking at getting it from LLLReptile, or TurtleSource.

I really wish that I could get him as a hatchling, but I prefer to raise male animals, and with torts you can't tell when they are too young :(

Status
Not open for further replies.