Hello!

EmilyandPopcorn

Location (City and/or State)
England
Hey I'm getting a Tortoise in August and I'm here to soak up all the information I can for that time:D I am getting a Horsefield tortoise because my mum (I'm a teenager) won't allow me to have a Sulcata or any large species,also, I love horsefields! They're so cute! Any help is appreciated so much. Thank you all. <3

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You come to the right place. Good luck, lots to learn and don't forget to share pics when you get you new shelled friend.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!! Can we assume that if your tortoise is "Popcorn" that you are the "Emily" portion of your username?

There are some very good articles for you to read. I'll link you to one, but there are a few more in the "General Tortoise Discussion" section, sub forum "Turtle and Tortoise Articles:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-22635.html

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Emily welcome to the TFO from AZ . Your already ahead of most your looking up the info. First and then the tort . You deserve a pat on the back .

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Emily you are wise beyond your age :p jj ,,, welcome

Tinkerbell

5 Year Member
Hi Emily. Bet you can't wait, it's so exciting getting your 1st tortoise and being mummy to it. [TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE]

sarniacherie

Hi Emily and Popcorn,hope you sort all your foods and things,I keep getting conflicting info.I was advised by a tortoise expert at a major petshop that I should feed my Hermione(she is a Hermann) peppers and celery,that is what all of their torts had in their dishes and then I had an email from another tortoise site that peppers are in a family of poisonous plants.I dont know how my little one (she is four) has managed this far.Good luck and keep posting coz we are learning from each other.Maggie