Hello!

janebartley

Location (City and/or State)
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hello, so we have just got our new family member today! Baby horsefield tortoise around 12-16 weeks old, I did so much research before we got the little one but now he/she is here and all set up I have so many questions that I need help with from people who really know what their doing, so all advice about heat matts (which we were told were necessary and now I'm reading on some sites they shouldn't be used), thermostats, temperature and height of lamp ect would be much appreciated!
Also there is no name as of yet but I'm holding out for Dexter!

(We are from the north east of England)

Attachments

• IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 26

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Hi and welcome. Forget what you were told! Go to our Russian tort section under the species specific area and read the notes at the top. We have many experienced owners here that have written up current up tp date info on raising your tort the right way. Most other web sites, pet stores and even vets are still using old outdated info and will want you to get the wrong things or set your tort up wrong. Please go read these sticky notes and come back with all your questions.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hello, so we have just got our new family member today! Baby horsefield tortoise around 12-16 weeks old, I did so much research before we got the little one but now he/she is here and all set up I have so many questions that I need help with from people who really know what their doing, so all advice about heat matts (which we were told were necessary and now I'm reading on some sites they shouldn't be used), thermostats, temperature and height of lamp ect would be much appreciated!
Also there is no name as of yet but I'm holding out for Dexter!

(We are from the north east of England)
Hi and welcome! I have always loved the name "Newcastle Upon Tyne". So very evocative and mysterious sounding!
Dexter is good too. A real "killer" name:D
All the best!

janebartley

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thank you for all the lovely comments! And trust me it’s not as interesting or nice as it sounds haha! Yeah we decided to stick with Dexter.. I also liked juniper and honeysuckle but there’s an obvious boyish tortoisey look going on!