Helloooooo There

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieLikesTrees

5 Year Member
Floof said:
Welcome to the forum! It's always nice to see new Utah folks join up. I'm just down the interstate from you, in Tooele. :)

Congrats on the new addition! He is a nice looking little one. Glad you were able to give him a good home.. Ever since I "rescued" my first tortoise and saw the conditions her last owners had her in, I cringe to think of what people think is proper care when they get a tortoise, especially when they get one from a random person on the classifieds who's already clueless themselves. Shudder!!! So very glad you aren't going to be one of "those," and that you found your way here!!

Yeah no joke the lady was trying to sell me a 20 gallon fish tank for a 100$ I think it surprised her when I told her I didn't want the tank. I kind of chewed her out about it a bit, not alot cause I still wanted the tortoise.

I remember when I was first researching on what kind if turtle or tortoise I should get one of the first things I kept seeing over and over again was don't put them in a fish tank it confuses them. So I bought a cement mixing tub, the biggest one I could find and it was $13. Learning what kind of set up I wanted/needed for a tortoise took 1 maybe 2 google searches. I guess my point is it's not hard to figure out how to take proper care of and animal nowadays because of libraries, books, magazines, the Internet so we are now able to research about stuff like, how to care for a tortoise. I just don't get it.

Mozart is eating and when he doesn't know I'm watching him he walks around up and over things (i made like an obstical corse- and i keep meaning to post pictures of it but im not done yet and im a bit of a profectionist). If I place some food in there he hides in his shell for about 45 seconds which is already a bit better then even on saterday when I first got him, I think that will just sometime.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Jamie and welcome to TFO. Mozart is a great name! How did you come up with Mozart? Do you like classical music or are you a musician?

Status
Not open for further replies.