Help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylaa1202

5 Year Member
My Greek tortoise is in a temperature around 80F , she is eating leafy greens and getting soaked every other day. I clean her tank every week. But lately I've been seeing problems. She is not utilizing her back legs to the full extent. She is more like pushing with them rather than supporting herself like she used to. As you can see in the second photo, her back legs are just flopping. :( help please! Oh and I new here so hello everyone! :)

Attachments

• image-1916245191.png
    image-1916245191.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image-3203093295.png
    image-3203093295.png
    352.2 KB · Views: 30

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Does she have a warmer basking spot, or just 80 everywhere and thats it?

What do you feed?

What are you doing for UV?

How often and how much calcium supplementation do you do?

nickercrombie

5 Year Member
I don't know anything about Greek tortoises, but I do know that the aspen bedding you have your tort on can be dangerous, causing impaction because they eat it but can't pass it. There was a case a while ago with a member who had Aldabra's that ate the bedding and became quite sick.

kaylaa1202

5 Year Member
Laura said:
what about her calcium and real sunshine?

The veg gave me a calcium powder type thing when i first got her, I'm not sure what's its called thought. And in the summer or warm spring she does come outside with me.

kaylaa1202

5 Year Member
nickercrombie said:
I don't know anything about Greek tortoises, but I do know that the aspen bedding you have your tort on can be dangerous, causing impaction because they eat it but can't pass it. There was a case a while ago with a member who had Aldabra's that ate the bedding and became quite sick.

That might be it! She went to the bathroom and went ALOT, and before that she was barely going but it never clicked in, that that could be the problem. What bedding should I get ? THANKS SO MUCH!!!

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
Coconut Core/Fiber, Cypress Mulch, and good ol' top soil with no fertilizers added to it are all great options.
How many hours a day do you give her her UVB light if she cannot come out in the sunshine?

And Tom asked a good question, what are the other temperatures in her enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.